minor details about making stuff

adventures in yarn!

Saturday, February 24, 2007


last night i said goodbye to a good friend, my best dog pal rupert.
he was fifteen and a half years old and he had a long and happy life. i was twelve when he became a member of our family (which is basically as far back as i can remember). he was like a furry little brother. he will be dearly missed.
a few christmases ago my mother suprised my brother and i each with a special hat knit out of ruperts fur. she had noticed while brushing him that his hair had the perfect crimp for spinning and so she spun it into yarn on her spinning wheel.

my dog hat is very warm and soft.
now that rupert is no longer alive it's extra special.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I'm sorry. goodbye rupert.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home